This is a recommended procedure for MCCF chair election. The procedure is based on MCCF constitution, and has been practiced since the first MCCF chair election.
Chair Election Committee[edit | edit source]
Current chairs + advisors (UW students only)
- If there are less than 7 people, current committee would pick people from the serving team to join the committee
- Inform & invite pastor and counselor about the selection/ meetings
The chair election committee consists of current chairs and advisors. If any of them happens to be a chair candidate for the next term, he/she can choose to quit the committee. One person from the committee should be in charge of external issues, such as sending out emails and answering questions.
Time Table[edit | edit source]
- Around MOT: Form Chair election committee
- This should consist of chairs, advisors, and counsellor
- After two weeks: Chair nomination email
- Asking coworkers and MCCF members to nominate potential candidate
- After one week: Chair candidates filtering
- Chair committee will filter objectively and subjectively through discussion (see Appendix I & II)
- After 10 days: Finalize candidates
- Contact candidate and ask them if they would like to be the chair candidate for election
- When Approaching
- They are allowed to know who the other candidates are.
- Give them enough time to make the decision.
- If yes: ask why and what their vision for next term is.
- If yes: ask for written answers for a list of questions generated by the committee (recommended)
- If no: ask why and remember to follow up!!!!!
- Report back to the committee by email before the next meeting.
- After a week: Finish collecting commitment statements and announce chair candidates
- Candidate will fill out a google-form commitment statement
- Committee will send out email to mccf to announce candidates & their statements
- After three days, before EOT (Potluck): Chair election. see Voting procedure .
- Committee will contact each candidate personally to notify result
- Committee will send out an email to mccf serving team to notify result
- Committee will list out strength and weaknesses of each new chair, based on
- What's their vision for next term?
- How's their serving previously
- Personal opinion etc
- Select advisors: approach ex chairs that are here next term
- Advisors are persons who have been deeply involved with MCCF, and will help ensure smooth transition between terms.
Appendix I: Objective Guidelines[edit | edit source]
- Will be around campus for the coming term
- Has served for at least one term in MCCF
- Has been an active member of MCCF for at least two terms
Appendix II: Subjective Guidelines[edit | edit source]
- The candidate is willing and capable of communicating with, listening to, and caring for fellow coworkers.
- The candidate is approachable and practices humility in God by being receptive and responsive positively to constructive criticisms.
- The candidate demonstrates maturity in serious matters and exhibits critical analysis and decision-making skills towards important issues.
- The candidate actively seeks the correct Christian truth and doctrine founded in the Bible
- The candidate must understand the commitment involved and be able to commit.